Greece

Thursday, July 06, 2006

Kalimera

I am currently sitting next to Cocoa, the talking parrot of our hotel, who is telling me, over and over again, "kalimera" which means "good morning!"

I am still the couch potato, reality tv loving, chocolate chip cookie eating Katie. In fact yesterday I took the "afternoon off" by paddling back to Loutro at 4pm. It was great to hang out on the water and to take a nap!

Part of the reason for this nap was in preparation for today. I'm a little worried, so I got online to ask you to pray. Today I will be attempting to paddle 24 miles. Thankfully, Deann wants to paddle with me so I will be in a double for the first time. The 7 of us who are attempting this journey are supposed to be on the water by 7:30am. I am so excited. I have been visualizing this trip all night. I read a devotional this morning about spiritual power versus power of the flesh and I know that only God will be able to give me the strength to make it. I really love the 6 other people who are paddling out this morning. I think it will be a good group - not too aggressive or fast, just persistent...

Hi Aimee, Mom and Tiff! I love listening to your conversations with each other. I guess I should have said Hi Aimee, Mom and Festos!

Peace.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Katie: I will be praying, in Jesus Name!!! Can't wait to hear this report. By the way I think we should continue this blogging when you get home.:) Tiff is so good with her comments. Thanks again Tiff!!! Love you all, Mom

7:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bon Voyage Kate, 24 miles is a loooonnng way to paddle in the ocean. Thinking of you kiddo.

9:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Katie,
You've been in my prayers for much of this past week and will continue to be so! Blessings on this challenging, and hopefully exhilirating, journey.

jaimee

10:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well? How was it. You have us on pins and needles. 26 miles is a serious ocean passage my dear. That is half way to Bimini from Ft. Lauderdale in a kayak. dad

5:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home