Greece

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Too Much Information?

July 11, 2006 My last full day in Greece.

Last night, I was turning in early when I got a call in my hotel room! It was Matt and he was calling to see if I wanted to do something. I said, "Sure!" and he said, "Great! I'm actually downstairs in your hotel lobby." I met him in the lobby where we consulted each of our Lonely Planet books to figure out a way to Psiri, the Athenian hot spot. We had to walk through "my neighborhood" which is great if you are looking for drugs or lady friends...oops...shouldn't have picked it, but you live and learn.

We made our way to Psiri which was really cool and sat at a cafe and ordered a bottle of really good white wine. It was so great to chat with Matt. We eventually ordered some appetizers and walked around. He told me what it was like to see me and Deann coming back from our attempt at crossing the Bay. He said I was like superwoman paddling fiercely and Deann was looking a little like a deer caught in headlights-steering but not paddling much!

Matt walked me home for which I was immensely grateful, and when I got in my room it was 12:45! We had sat for hours talking.

This morning I woke up to eat my included breakfast and go back to bed. I called Matt at our designated calling time, in honor of Mr. Complainsalotonourtrip who would have been furious over getting a day started at 10am!

So here comes the part with too much information. Matt said he was having a bit of an indigestion problem, which Deann, Matt and I spoke about at length for the past few days, and so he was going to spend time visiting the sights in his bathroom.

I decided to hop on a bus to Cape Sounion which is in South Attica. It has a temple to Poseidon and a small beach. I went down to the beach to the little taverna where Jackie Kennedy visited. They have a framed letter from her thanking them for their hospitality. The whole trip, though, was a little nerve wracking because it was very windy on the cape and it made me a little sick to my stomach.

I'm back in Plakas and I'm going to check on Matt to see how he is feeling. Then I'll hopefully enjoy my last dinner in Greece. I'm getting lamb!!!

Love you all. I can't wait to be home!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home