Back in the Metaphorical Saddle Again
I have finally made it back to C'ville! I woke up this morning at 6:30 (thank you jet lag) and I figured that today was the day to get back in my kayak. I retrieved it from Kelli's house, cleaned it up, bought some gatorade and water, and headed for Beaver Creek. I used my gloves, paddle leash, and skirt that I've had but never really knew how to use. I got in the boat and sat in it next to the dock longer than I usually do. I think part of me didn't want to let go of the dock. So I sat there for a little while and then I pushed off into the calm, flat, well protected waters of Beaver Creek. I paddled the entire perimeter and saw maybe 3 other kayakers at different points in my jaunt, but mostly I was alone, which is what I wanted to be during this paddle. I could paddle much better than I could before my trip and I generally feel at home in my Carolina. I brought along my ipod and stuck it in my lifevest so I listened to some tunes, and just prayed and thought about the words of the preacher who was on tv at 6:30 in the morning.

3 Comments:
glad to see you in a boat again. hope you're all right. --andrea
Katie,
I'm so glad you're home and I think you are rather brave! I'll see you in a couple weeks.
jaimee
Hi Katie! Good for you! I am so jealous. we were going to go out this weekend, but Matt's health has taken a turn for the worse (sent you an email a few minutes ago telling you all about it). Looking forward to getting back in the saddle again. More soon, Love, Deanne
Post a Comment
<< Home